“I nominated you for the Liebster Award blah blah blah”. And more blahs. I swear I’ve only seen “nominated” and “Liebster Award” and all the other words were just “blahs” in my eyes. I felt like I was floating. Gee! The feeling was like when my fifth grade crush said “Hi” to me but after few seconds, the floating feeling was gone. It was then replaced by alarm. A realization came that my website’s design still looks like where the Gladiators fought for their dear lives or even as horrifying as the rubble after the Second World War.
Still, I wholeheartedly want to thank Ye Chen of Yechen.com for nominating me. You know that you have a fan in me. I am deeply honoured. Ye Chen writes about Life and Changes from his experiences in a very relate-able manner. Check out his work here.
But wait, Dani. what is Liebster? errr, Liebster Award?
Liebster is from the German word that could mean sweetest, dearest, beloved and other adorable synonyms we can possibly associate to it.
Liebster Award is a chain mail where bloggers, whether beginner or professional, are given the chance to be discovered. This award’s goal is to support bloggers and connect them with the blogger community.
Here are the rules and challenges of the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- For the Liebster Award 2018. write a small post about what makes you a passionate about blogging.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional).
- Nominate 5-11 blogs.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post or The Global Aussie.
- Create new questions for your nominees to answer.
What Makes Me Passionate About Blogging
I have always loved writing and have started keeping diaries at a very young age. Fast forward to my adult years where I somehow forgot that I loved writing, I followed everything I learned in school, what my family told me and what society expected of me. One day, I woke up and I just couldn’t do any of it anymore but I didn’t know how to explain how I feel. I never had enough words. I was empty, lost and confused. I left my job with no intentions nor plans of applying for new ones. When I found myself in a different continent, I was given the chance to be born again but with capabilities of an adult. I observed every little thing I have seen, what I’ve learned and felt. I wrote them all down. On days that I feel okay, I read them and thought, there’s no way that it was written by me. It all felt strange. I posted some excerpts in Facebook and got comments and suggestions of what I can do. I gave blogging a try which gave birth to a new adventure. My love for learning and my love for writing make me love what I am doing. It’s not about the possibility that it can be my sole source of income in the future but the new purpose that I found in this life which is to share my story. I love every single message I get like my stories somehow teach them something new and motivate them. I love that feeling and if I, in any simple way, can help anyone, it makes my existence in this lifetime worth it. This is what makes me passionate about blogging.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I super love the beach but only learned how to swim at 27.
- I had my first boyfriend at 25.
- I am not sure if ADHD or OCD (or both) is what I have. Or if I’m just addicted to having everything done and cleaned.
- I never had friends until I was 15.
- I have lactose intolerance.
- When I was young, I thought I was a boy.
- I have coffee addiction and I’m a light sleeper but I can still sleep even if I just had coffee before bed.
- When I was a kid, I thought the other countries are in the sky, behind the clouds. I thought that the reason why airplanes fly that high was to bring the passengers to the other countries.
- I can only sleep on my left side.
- I’m highly convinced that I was a Latina in my past life.
Bloggers I Nominate
- Ivana at La Ivana – Ivana writes about designing your ideal life, self-development, minimalism and law of attraction.
- Sondra at Curves and Carry on – Sondra blogs about her love for traveling, fashion and body positivity.
- Alex at Sagittarius Soul– Alex’s wellness travel blog is about fulfilling mind, body, and soul. It’s a blog about loving your body, loving yourself and uplifting others.
- Sunday Blake Mccalister of Brain Embryos– Sunday Blake blogs about Curiosity, Different Perspectives and Mindfulness.
- Gursimrat of Aiming the Dreams– Gursimrat blogs about money saving ideas, budget tips, how to make money, inspirational quotes, positive affirmations and how to be productive.
- Judy at Sensible Dove– She shares her expertise about personal development by way of self awareness, motivation, and putting wisdom to practice.
- Karen at My Chaotic Brain– Karen is a Mom, career woman, volunteer, musician, crafter, very amateur photographer of sunrises and sunsets, friend, walking on a faith journey, a seeker of new perspectives & intimate, engaging conversations; a lover of light, love and peace!
Questions Prepared For Me
1. What does success mean to you?
Success means being able to live slowly, aligned with my purpose in life while being able to reach my full potential and being able to help other people live their truths too.
2. What was the best phase of your life?
Being aware of my mortality and being able to live a simple, slow and meaningful life full of gratitude.
3. What is your favorite book?
Now this is hard. I’d say the current favorite is Relentless by Tim S. Grover
4. What is an ideal morning for you?
Ideal is waking up around 6:30. Fix my bed, do a child pose before I get off the bed, head to the kitchen to prepare my coffee, stretch a bit more while waiting and listening to my daily Hillsong songs. I then will start reading some affirmations while sipping my coffee. Then I will start my morning brain dump and write what I am thankful for, all my other thoughts and what I need to do for the day. Ideal morning is a sweet morning.
5. What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
A ready smile I offer even to strangers. Here in Europe, it is flirting. Ooops.
6. Where is your favorite place in the entire (fantasy) world to go?
Church to light some candles or a library.
7. What are your top five favorite movies?
Eat, Pray, Love
I am Sam
50 First Dates
8. What’s something you can’t go a day without doing?
9. If you could get away with anything that you do?
Transfer all the money of the rich people to the poor ones. Makes everybody’s bank balance equal.
10. What fictional character do you most relate to?
11. What is your favorite day of the year?
Start of Autumn
And now for my Nominees:
- If you will start blogging again, what will you do differently?
- Would you rather be a princess in Africa or a beggar in Paris?
- If you could live until 105 and given the chance to keep either the body or the mind of a 20 year old. Which would you prefer?
- How forgiving are you when your friends or family let you down?
- Is there anything you’d steal given an assurance that you will not be caught?
- Your 11-year old daughter hacked a government database and was able to walk away with 2 million dollars. When caught, she said that it was just a prank. How will she be punished?
- What piece of clothing will you never be caught wearing?
- What’s your number one pet peeve?
- When are you happiest?
- If you’re told that you can only eat one food for the rest of your life, what will it be?
Viel Glueck Nominees! I hope you have fun answering these questions. I’m looking forward to reading your thoughts.